A little about me . . .I am a small town girl at heart who currently lives in the big city of Chicago. I am a lawyer by day and a writer by night.
My blog encourages women to reclaim and to embrace traditional values. I believe we have strayed too far from foundational truths. I believe traditional values offer women true freedom and joy! And will ultimately strengthen our families and society, too. I primarily write about this topic as it relates to politics, culture, relationships, and femininity in general.
I aspire to provide you with insightful, thought-provoking, and well-reasoned commentary. Some of you may completely agree with my viewpoint – great! Others of you may not agree with part or any of what I post – even better! I look forward to a genuine and productive conversation with you and hope we can learn from each other.
On average, you can expect me to post at least once per week.
I would love for you to subscribe to my blog! You can do so on the right side of this page and can unsubscribe at any time.
I grew up in a very small town in rural Illinois (we’re talking no-stop-light small!). My passion for civic participation really started during my undergrad years at Illinois Wesleyan University. I followed that passion to the Washington, D.C. area upon graduation. While in D.C., I attended law school at The Catholic University of America and practiced at a large law firm for several years before becoming an in-house counsel.
I decided to start this blog, because I believe the voices in support of traditional, social values are too often silenced or discouraged. I hope to change that. One of the most beautiful things about our country is the First Amendment – these viewpoints should be part of our great marketplace of ideas!
I base my views on Christian values, because I believe that is the truth. As a side note, I held most of the same beliefs before I became a Christian, as (to me) they make the most sense even aside from faith.
I currently live downtown Chicago, am happily single, and have a ridiculously cute miniature dachshund named Savannah.
Ten Random Facts About Me
- For most of my life, I was completely opposed to “religion” and would say I was “spiritual” and/or “agnostic” (or sometimes checked the “Christian” box on forms because it seemed obligatory). And then I discovered who Jesus actually is and now proclaim proudly that I am a follower of Christ with all of my heart, soul, and mind.
- I absolutely adore the TV show I Love Lucy and have seen (and could probably recite) every episode.
- I hate cooked carrots but love raw carrots. I don’t get it either.
- I read magazines back to front. It’s completely subconscious, and I have no idea why.
- My favorite day of the year is the first day it snows.
- I love listening to piano music.
- Crossing the finish line at my first marathon was one of the best moments of my life. If you’ve ever considered running a marathon – do it!
- I could have chips and salsa for dinner every night.
- I make a “to-do” list every morning.
- I love, love, love watching the sunrise. Nothing like the promise of a new day!
This blog is owned by Steslie LLC. This blog solely represents my personal viewpoints, opinions, and expressions. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and expressly disclaim any liability for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.